International Workshop on Intelligent Information Access
July 6-8, 2006
Marina Congress Center, Helsinki, Finland.
The workshop will be held at the Marina Congress
Center in downtown Helsinki overlooking the harbour.
A block of
rooms has been reserved for workshop attendees until June 5. The special
workshop rate of 80 euros/night for a single room includes a full
breakfast buffet, and is available for those presenting an IIIA
reservation code that will be emailed to registered participants (the
workshop attendees are then expected to arrange their accommodation directly with the Marina Congress Center). Please be warned that after the deadline above you may find it extremely difficult to find any suitable accomodation in Helsinki as there will be several international events taking place simultaneously in July.
- A block of 70 rooms has been reserved at the Marina Congress hotel, which is the workshop venue.
- Participants are expected to arrange their accommodation directly with the hotel
- Online reservation is not possible with our discount code, so use either
- The rooms are available for the period between July 5th and July 9th only - for dates outside this period, you are on your own (at this moment the hotel has no vacancy outside the IIIA block in early July, but you may want to ask for cancellations).
- The IIIA special discount price is 80 euros/night, available with a reservation code sent to registered participants. The discount price applies only for the dates in the period July 5-9. If you find vacancy in Marina outside this period, the price is probably about double that much.
- Unreserved rooms in our block will be freed on June 5.
Marina Congress Center
How to get there?
A map and a link to Google maps satellite image here.
For public transport, see the excellent Journey Planner. Single fare from the airport is 3.60 EUR, and the ticket is valid for one hour, so you can use the same ticket on the tram. The journey time for bus 615 is about 35 minutes from the airport to the main Railway Station, from where it is about 1 km to the Marina Congress Center.
- The Finnair bus is 5.20 EUR, journey time 35 min., goes to the main Railway station like bus 615.
- The taxi to Marina from the airport should be about 35 EUR. All taxis have a meter and charge the same rate, and they accept major credit cards.
- Airport taxi has a flat rate of 20 EUR/person, leaves when the minivan has enough passengers (rate is even less if more than one are going to the same address).
- Helsinki city home page
- Journey Planner
- Weather in Finland